12.26.2010

Conversations

We went to celebrate Christmas dinner with good friends of ours last night and it was a bittersweet experience. It was very likely our last Christmas dinner with them and our tradition of meeting together every year will be done. So it was hard. I learned some cool stuff last night though. Had a pretty interesting conversation about the native peoples up north and what the village life was like. There was something the guy we were talking to said that really struck me hard. It struck that chord inside of me that sings every time I think about Japan. It made my desire to be a missionary over there so much bigger.
It also made me impatient.
I have to say I'm a bit sad thinking about how long it might take for my journey over there to really begin. Of course, it already has, I'm learning the language, picking up on multiple histories and other things related, but there has yet to start that real process of going there. I don't know how it will happen, or what exactly its going to look like. I just know I want to be ready for it even if I'm not right now.

This Christmas was a good one. Like I mentioned in a previous post, it was the first one in a long time I was able to get truly excited about.

But I have to say I'm struggling with something that is really hard to get over. And I know the answer here, in my mind, but it is like my heart refuses to acknowledge it. It makes it difficult, you know.

I'm sure there are some cool lessons coming and when they make their way to my heart I'll be writing about them.

--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment