12.10.2010

Gulls and Crows

So one thing I actually like about Alaska is that no matter what street you are on you will see a bird of some sort, either crows/ravens or seagulls and the occasional pigeon. What will we see in TN/KY? I don't know. I'm guessing not too many seagulls...Could be wrong. So will there be crows or ravens? I love those birds. They fed Elijah, they save lives, and to me, they are pretty cool. Scavengers often gross people out and most people don't like crows because they are "dirty" or even because they are often used as a symbol of darkness. But in reality, God made them and put them here on the earth. He's used them to provide for his people, and they eat the leftovers, how cool is that? They are beautiful birds, incredibly smart, and I think I'm going to miss them. It's just one of those small things you notice.
Now I understand that most people don't like them, and farmers find them nuisances, but I think God finds them a glorious creation full of infinite wonder. Just like Carver's peanut.
I hope I can continue to find appreciation in all of his creation, even the spiders and mosquitoes and other annoyances. They each serve their purpose.


P.S. I'm not going 'green'. That is a style change. I'm going 'grateful'. That is a heart change.

--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment