12.07.2010

Kissing the floor in front of You.

Kissing the floor in front of You.
-A Call to Humility

Bowing my head against the silence
Trembling at the thought of your wrath
I've failed because of my blindness
Even though you showed me the path
The truth came down like a bolt of heat
It seared me straight to my soul
My heart stopped, a pause in the beat
It burned within me as a hot coal
My face is wet with tears of grief
They pool on the floor like blood
My height and pride were so brief
They tumbled away with the flood
So here I am now broken and lost
Confused and shamed before you
And trembling at the horrendous cost
I bring my crushed self before you
Lord, forgive my selfish ambitions
My heart rose too high in its pride
Oh the cost of my worthless position
Naked, I've fallen so hard
The agony of truth tears at my breast
I cringe and cry out in pain
As you pull the roots from my chest
Pride and Self are their names
How tenderly you apply the balm
The Rose of Sharon within
And weeping, you give me a song
That washes away my sin
So here I am now broken and lost
But touched not by your wrath
For tenderly, lovingly, you paid the cost
And once more may I walk on your path
Bowing my head in heartache and shame
You lower yourself to my height
And lifting my face you quietly say
That I am precious in your sight
Bowing my head against the flood
Of joy that your words do bring
I welcome the gift of your sinless blood
And kiss the floor at your feet.

--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment