12.09.2010

Silver, Sliver, Shiver, Night

So I want to dance but my moon is missing and it's 0 degrees outside right now. That and my back porch is covered in snow. I can't stand it when you get those weird urges to just go and twirl and dance to the sound of your breath, heartbeat, and the crunch of snow. Night is beautiful and I love to go and view it, whether from my front porch, my roof, a friends house, the medical center benches down the street...it's all intense and out of this world.
The moon tonight is just a sliver, but the sky earlier was so clear that the moon appeared sharp and bright. It felt like something that didn't belong to this mundane world.
It made me want to dance.
I can't wait till we are in TN/KY and have land of our own...till we have big trees and an open field to go picnic in, watch the stars in, dance in, worship in, have campfires and play airsoft in. I'm excited for the stars and the thunder storms and lightening and night that comes at the same time throughout the year. Till friends and family are only a drive away and the world's music capital is right outside our door. I'm excited for the chance to decorate our new house, to bargain shop for awesome furniture, and to pick out my room. I can't wait till I can learn to play the harp, or guitar, or relearn the piano. I'm excited for the slower life and know no matter how bored I get digging in the garden or playing in our orchard that I'll never desire the city life for too long. I'm excited about having my own apple, pear, and plum trees. Growing my own vegetables, and being able to go for walks on my own property. I'm excited for the warm weather at night and for the opportunity to meet new people. I want to get a gun and be able to practice in my backyard legally, and learn how to throw a knife. I want to spend weekends working on trucks and learning about how the diesel engine works. I am excited to sit on my front porch with my family, watching the sun set and getting eaten by bugs. I can't wait till we are there and can slow down, eat together at the dinner table again, and have time to just hang out. Most of all I'm excited that I get to grow closer to God on this journey and can't wait for all that he has in store for me and my family. It's an exciting time.

--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment