12.11.2010

Obedience

How much more can we as Christians know once we begin to explore the truths of obedience? The ACT of faith. The follow-through, endurance? Not just believing, but doing. We seem to talk about it a lot, mostly in regards to feeding the hungry, helping a neighbor. But what about personal obedience? The spiritual act of worship that comes from us acting upon our faith and belief in God?
(Please understand that I believe you have to be careful that you don't make these actions 'rules' that must be followed. That's not freedom. For more info, check out Galations.)
I'm on a journey these next 21 days till the end of the year, that I will share more about once it's over, but what I'm hoping to learn on this journey is the act of obedience. I want to learn how to endure, how to overcome, how to obey.
So I don't know what these next three weeks are going to look like, but I'll be here or I won't. I want to increase my hunger for God.

I pray that anyone who reads this has an enormously blessed Christmas in which God's presence is abundently present!


--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment