2.03.2011

The Wonderful Time That God Affords

I'm house-sitting as of yesterday and it's a pretty cool opportunity (the timing somehow was perfect...aka God planned).
Basically the past week I've been discovering a growing desire and need for prayer in my life not only to grow closer to God but also to intercede for others. Already God has promised me a huge family miracle and as of 2:30 Tuesday afternoon it began and was finished in the heavenly realms. God is beginning to move in powerful ways not just in my life but in my family's lives and my friends. I am overwhelmed but also ecstatic at the awesome things I'm witnessing happening and what will be happening in the future. Suddenly the world is "big-ified" and school and work and my troubles seem so small.
God. God. God.
He is so amazing. I'm learning so much about him and about his gifts and his love. His power and his justice. And he has presented me with the perfect opportunities to pray and possibly fast in a place where I can retreat. (Thank you to the family who has allowed me the privilege of staying in your home while you are away.)
I am discovering new aspects of worship. Worship is a weapon! It is an instrument of praise! It is a purpose and a holy communion with the Father! Worship is for warfare. Worship is for praise. Worship is for healing and deliverance. Worship is for revelation and the prophetic. Worship is for loving a big, big God. Worship....it is an invaluable and just amazing thing. When I feel like self-pitying, being depressed, angry, sad, hurt I sing a line or two of praise and BOOM. It may take several hours of repeated songs or choruses or praise for the fog to lift but I know this: It ALWAYS does. God is faithful.
So worship is being revealed to me in cool ways.
I'm reading great resources on it that are helping me to understand this so I can't take full credit for all of these revelations as God is using these books and authors to speak to me:
Emerging Worship by Roland Worton
The Worship Warrior by Chuck Pierce
And more...
I can't explain how grateful I am to my parents for collecting so many awesome resources over the years. (I've managed to transfer nearly all of them to my own bookshelves...heehee). It's amazing how much there is to study to read and to ingest. Not all of it is absolutely true, there is always points to disagree with or things like that, and we should always compare what we read with scripture (I should probably engage in that more often than I do) but the understanding and clarifying and learning that can be gained from them is great. The Bible becomes alive and active, powerful and strong. I read the psalms or the truths or the stories or the declarations and am amazed. More in my heart! More in my heart!!!

I can't wait to see what else God will reveal to me in this time of trial but I can truly say I am glad to be here in this place. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Father, thank you!!!!

--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment