1.28.2011

Storms! (Excited?)

It's amazing how I can ask God for something, he gives it to me, and it isn't until I'm in the middle of the trial that I realize I asked for a storm. Not that I wanted anything bad, but kind of like the saying goes: "You ask for patience, and God will provide you opportunities to be patient." So the things I'd been asking God to help me with, primarily pride, self, and minimal other things...they all got wham-slammied down on me in the form of school and time and money.
To be straightforward, I hate UAA right now. I hate the institution, I hate the people who say you need a piece of paper to be qualified, etc. etc.
And I already know God has a plan to change my heart about that too, it just hasn't been implemented yet.
There's nothing like going through the valleys to help me get closer to God. The phrase 'draw near' really is literal. I mean, if he's going to stick me smack dab in the middle of a three-month-long storm/valley/trial, I'm going to be stepping all over his feet trying to stay close to him. I'll be like a monkey. Who wants to walk through a valley all by themselves???
So I'm wanting to allow the Holy Spirit to live with me. Praying in the Spirit has become a daily routine (I love praying [and singing] in the car) and I want it to become my lifestyle to be constantly praying, constantly listening, attentive, sensitive, open to what he has for me.
If I'm truly going to make it through the next few months he's going to have to guide and direct my steps because without him I'll fall off the boat, wander off the path, etc. etc.
I have a track record of getting myself into dark pits of despair and disappointment and fear and all manner of yuck when I try doing things by my own strength.
So as the song goes,
"I will praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands, for you are who you are, no matter where I am. And every tear I cry, you hold in your hands, you never leave my side, and though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm."
Praise is a powerful, powerful thing. It can lift the deepest despair, deepest fear, deepest depression in a heartbeat. Beautiful. Beautiful.
Jesus, my Jesus.

--MovingGirl 
It's amazing how you ask God for something, he gives it to you, and you realize that you've asked him for a storm. Nothing like the valleys to help us get closer to God. Who wants to walk through one alone? I mean if he's going to stick me right in the middle of a three-month long trial, I'm going to walk on his feet staying close to him. Jesus, my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment