2.18.2011

Desire.Coming.

The previous post, Are You Ready for This was a precursor to some cool things that God has begun in my journey with him. Already I am seeing his Spirit moving in ways I truly never expected. I now have hopes, dreams, and deep-rooted desires being awoken again, given a breath of life and a chance to thrive where they were never able before.

I believe that my journey south to TN/KY has a major part to play in this Spirit-movement God is doing in my life, and the opportunities that await down there for the exact wishes of my heart, are abundant. They are abundant and ripe, ready for the season and purpose to which God is calling me.

For you see, I have a dream. A dream that took root years ago as I sat down with my mom and wept over the state of our youth: one of whom I was apart. I cried for the pain, the loneliness, the heartache, the wants and desires, the missing pieces, the emptiness of the youth. And this from only the church. Since then I've watched (mainly from afar as my own hope for the youth never took off) God do something cool, even bigger and better than I could have dreamed.

I look now and see a youth group who is fired up for him, who is walking into the greater excitement and power of the Holy Spirit and relationship with God. I see girls who are insecure, but not afraid to admit it. I see cliques who long and hunger for God and as they do the inclusion of others becomes second nature. I see outcasts who suddenly belong because of the deep need that fills us all. I see an imperfect youth group, but a beautiful vessel. God's shaping of it has been glorious to watch.

 This especially coming from an extremely dry period in the youth, where even the great teaching and atmosphere could barely penetrate the hearts of the students. But now I see the glimpses, the beginnings of an army arising that I dreamed about on that couch with my mom. It's not there yet, but it is closer than ever as the youth themselves are drawing closer to Jesus and I for one, am extremely excited. Let me share with you the exciting vision God gave me for this generation of youth church-goers.

My vision is of youth group up in the Loft (the church hangout) one night, in  the middle of a heavenly worship session where they abandon their sensibilities, their pride, and their 'coolness' for the Awesomeness of God. I see following this worship a time of outpouring of the Holy Spirit that rivals any our church has ever seen. A glorious anointing followed by an incredible time of repentance, forgiveness (among each other and personally with God), worship and, incredibly, signs and wonders, healing, tongues, etc.

They would lose track of time, parents would wander in looking for late children and be drawn into the presence of God, cars would be left running in the parking lot, purses dropped to the floor as people fall to their knees in awe of God and his glory. The room would be lit from the thickness of the glory of God, a golden glow with no seen source. This would go on for hours until it finally subsided, but the fire in the hearts of the people would remain alive forever. They would walk out of there, students, leaders, parents, family, church staff, in a kind of shock as they retrieved purses and wallets, cars and little children, and went home to the songs of angels resonating in their heart, mind and spirit because the Spirit of God visited them that day.

This is what I saw.Unity by the Spirit of God. Fire. Holiness. Awe. Power. Humility. Strength. Meekness. Forgiveness. Repentance. Sorrow. Joy. Healing. Release. Freedom. An Army on their knees.

I said then that I would pray for it. Truth is that I haven't. But as God is calling me back to the vision I saw that day, and as he is calling me to a deeper desire for prayer, I want to. I want to desire and pray for that vision again. Because I believe that when God gave me it, it was an absolutely possible future.

And I know I am not the only one God has laid this vision upon. Every leader that serves the youth there is doing so not only because they enjoy it, but because they have been called by God to do so. I know that every leader has an awesome part to play in the eventuality of this vision coming true. So thank you, leaders, for being a role model for the students, for being a guidepost and an encouragement and a helper for them. For being their friends and their counselors. For just being there.

And see, this is one of my desires. Long in hibernation but waking again, just as Alaska is beginning it's long road back to the light of summer. I long for this. And not only here, in Alaska, but wherever God is calling me. Whether it be the backwoods of Kentucky, the communities of Tennessee, or the crowded cities of Japan. I see an Army rising.

I'll write about prayer in the next post.

--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment