2.18.2011

Prayer.Period.

While browsing for houses in KY/TN we came across one that had a run-down old barn, still completely usable, with lights and a sort of 'basement' feel to it. It just needed to be cleaned up, a pool table to be put in, maybe a projector and some couches, carpet, rugs, pictures on the walls, or maybe random paintings. (on the walls themselves, not hung on the walls). I could see it. A hangout. A safe place. To have fun, to have worship. To have prayer. I could see it. And all this before I discovered that there was, indeed, a prayer movement that seemed to be the perfect thing for what I was seeing. The vision in action. When I started reading up on 24-7 prayer, how it started, its roots with the Moravians and Count Zinzendorf...I was  ecstatic. Here it was! Exactly the burden that had been laid on my heart. The puzzle piece that seemed to snap into place with a loud and satisfying intensity.
I was excited. And my excitement grew the more I researched. I bought the book Red Moon Rising by Pete Greig and Dave Roberts. I read it and recently finished it. I found websites on the 24-7 prayer movement and read jealously about the churches, ministries, organizations, and nations who were involved in it. 
I briefly became saddened by the fact that such a huge movement had somehow passed me by. Had passed my church by, and perhaps the entire state of Alaska. Why had I never heard of it??? Where was the whiff of Spirit and movement in my area???

I was hungry. Am hungry. And oh, so excited. Then recently as I was packing my belongings into boxes for our move, I came across a prophecy for Alaska that I hadn't read in a long time. Here it is:

"I am the Lord Your God, and I have not forgotten you, Alaska. You are in a time of beginning preparation. I am waiting for you to wake up, to hunger, to thirst for me. I am waiting for the children who are in need of a Father. Do not be still. Do not be silent.
Wake up! Wake up! Come into the gifts I have for you! You are to be a part of the international phenomenon I am starting in my church. Do not be left behind! Wake up! Rise up! Accept what is your inheritance. Joy! Joy! Joy! My heart is one of love and compassion for my hurting, aching people. My spirit is among you searching, knocking.
Rise up! Rise up and accept your anointing. Be my people fully, thoroughly. Know that I have not forgotten you. I am waiting. Waiting for the hunger, the need. Wake up you sleepy people! Renew your hunger! Renew your thirst! Come and I will give you LIFE. Wake up! The time is soon coming when you will need the gifts I have given you; your young will prophesy and your old will speak of me, of wisdom. The Holy Spirit will be poured out upon Alaska and my church and you will be a witness to the world in the cold days to come.
You who have been prepared in the dark and the long winter nights, wake up! Accept your calling. Repent! Turn to me! I will not let you go hungry. Wake up! Rise up! You will be a light in the dark days to come. My church, my children, arise! Know that I am the Lord Your God and I am calling you out of the darkness and out of your beds to seek me. Wake up! Rejoice! For the Spirit of the Lord is about to descend upon you.
Wake up, rise up, my church, my beloved. Serve me with hearts of fire, with cups raised to me in supplication. They will be filled to overflowing. Would I withhold my glory from you? Wake up! Rise up! Wake up! I am coming!"

Reading this seemed to ignite a new fire in me. Like a hot coal waiting for the fresh wind. When this first came, I was energized, excited, but not necessarily moved to do anything in particular. But now, in this time when my family and I are being called out to an entirely new place and setting I feel that this message is more important than ever. Oh, Jesus! I want to be part of it. I want to wake up and rise up!

My vision now is greater than Anchorage, Alaska, the USA. My vision stretches world wide on the winds of the Spirit. Japan. Egypt. Israel. Switzerland. Germany. Spain. Mexico. Australia. China. India. Pakistan. The Philippines...on and on and on and on until every nation is consumed. Rising, rising, rising higher until the heavens themselves cannot contain us! An Army. United. A Sound. A Battle Cry. A looming victory over the hardships and battles uniting together into the final cry of the church in the end as we watch our Savior come!!!! This is what I see. This is what we see. This is what I am. This is what we are. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Come, Lord Jesus, Come. Let your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven! Amen.


Hallelujah.

Stand with me?

--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment