4.04.2011

Healing Begins

There was once a young girl who was princess of a faraway land. But she didn't know she was a princess. She had never met her Father, who was King of the land. As a baby, the Princess was stolen from her Father by an evil so great that no one dared to speak it's name. The grieved King searched high and low for His daughter, never ceasing His search until He found her. Then one day He did. She was seven years old when he found her. She was a loving girl, trusting everyone she met. She willingly showed her heart to all. As she grew up, people who had called themselves friend were one by one stealing pieces of her heart, ripping out chunks as they went. Some people ripped out two. And some ripped out twenty. Her whole heart quickly became very raw. Now it happened that her Father was also the chief healer of the kingdom. He begged his Princess to come to Him, to give him her whole heart so that He could heal and protect it. She ignored every loving plea that escaped His lips. And so He watched as His beloved Daughter was hurt again and again. One day, as He was walking in His garden, he saw her crying. He sat next her and asked, "My Daughter, why are you crying?"
She hid her face from Him as she sobbed, "Father, everyone who has ever said they loved me has ended up hurting me. My heart is hurting, Father. I don't think I can take this much longer."
As a tear fell from his eye, He took her face in His hands and looked into her eyes. "Not everyone, my Daughter. Do I not tell you - and show you - everyday in numerous ways that I love you?" she nodded her head. "And have I even once said or showed you otherwise?" she shook her head. "Precious Daughter.... I care for you as no one else can. You know of my position as chief healer. Let me heal you now." uncertainty was in her eyes yet she said nothing. Her Father spoke once more. "Let me share something with you. I have a very special role for you in my kingdom. You will become my apprentice, and I shall teach you to heal. But, my Daughter, before you can heal anyone else, you yourself must be healed. Will you give me your heart?"
Her heart pounded and she knew the answer. She was afraid, but she knew what she must do. She glanced down ever-so-slightly as she grasped her heart in one hand and her Father's hand in the other. She turned His hand so His palm was facing up. And then she placed her heart in His hand. She noticed, as she did so, that her heart and both her hands barely took up half of his palm, and she suddenly realized how small she was. And then before she could think more on the subject, the healing began.

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. Pretty tangible transaction. Love you, sweet darling. I'm glad God's allowing you to see the things that are required in order for you to be...everything he wants for you. And that it all starts and ends with his deep, abiding love. I'll type up the vision I had of you and him at the doctor's table. Too cool. Too cool.
    --MG

    ReplyDelete