10.22.2010

School

I told my mom the other day that I wished I could home school college.

She laughed. Rightly so. I mean, what an absurd idea, homeschooling college. In reality, if you go the Clep route it is almost the same thing, just slightly more intense. I am totally considering Clep-ing out of the rest of my basics. Sheesh. What a waste of time and money they are.

Anyway, so the reason I actually started writing this was because I am taking three very interesting courses right now. Odd, how weird they sound when you share them with others.

One class I have already finished as it was an 8-week intensive course out at the army base. That was History and due to some unfortunately chose topics that my teacher didn't like (Martin Luther being a good person not an evil reformer out to shatter history [granted, he did have some rough spots, but come on]) I ended up with a final grade of a B. My papers and work truly deserved an A, and I don't say that totally out of a sense of pride (it is there) but because my final grade was an unfair, biased relation to my happily given admission that I was one of those crazy Christians.

Anyway, I kind of needed to spill that. Apart from that, I am taking an Intermediate Grammar class, Japanese 101 and Anthropology. Out of the three do you know which one is my major concentration? I'm not even sure, although I do know that Anthropology is definitely not my calling. Out of all my classes, though, I am enjoying it the most. Not because of the subject or topics, but because it is the least stressful class. I only have three take-home tests and two papers. Both I excelled on. I'm not sure whether I should be proud that I can spit lies back out into 110% papers, or if I should be appalled. I figure since it isn't cumulative it is just in one ear and out the other.

And I just completely ran out of steam. I'm going to come back and finish this post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment