3.11.2011

Japan

So closely following my post about Egypt is this one.

Woke up this morning with no knowledge of the earthquake that occurred sometime last night in Japan.

Found out through various facebook stats and twitter updates. Many friends and family friends I know are in Japan or know someone close there.

Then I found the link to BBC's coverage of the tsunami and earthquake...

I cried. Cried and cried. I was devastated. 8.9. 8.9. 8.9.

I quivered.

My heart hurt, not sure how to feel, what to pray. You'd think you could think of something in this sort of situation, but there's a shock and numbing that comes. All you can do is watch, occasionally cry, and groan.

I don't know what to think. I want to be there. I want to help.

God, I don't care too much about the why, I understand we live in a fallen world and I trust in your grace and mercy, but I do want to know why now. I'm trapped here with my life, school, work, the house and a semester that still has eight weeks to go. There is no room for movement in my life right now. No possibility, opportunity, or option to go. To help. Even if I have nothing more to offer than my heart and my hands.

"No matter what, I'm gonna love you
No matter what, I'm gonna seek you
I know that you could find a way to keep me from the pain
but if not, if not, I'll trust you, no matter what."


--MovingGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment